Message by Rmani Crawford
This Sunday’s message will be delivered by Rmani Crawford.
Adult Bible Class
Summer Adult Bible Class begins this week! We will meet in AC 290 before heading to Stauffer on May 12.
All-Church Camping Trip on Memorial Day Weekend
Click this link for camping details and to register for the all-church camping trip coming up on Memorial Day weekend (May 24-26). This year, we will be having a talent show as a group activity, so please prepare your talents and get ready to dazzle your church family with your amazing talents! Contact Jenny Parmelee or Steve Rouse with any questions.
King’s Kamp is a week-long Bible camp in Idyllwild for boys and girls entering 4th through 8th grades Sunday, July 28 to Saturday, August 3. Register by May 3 for $350 or by June 14 for $350. After June 14, the cost is $375. Additional campers from the same family are $300. Camp is limited to 120 campers and draws from churches of Christ throughout Southern California. Additional details and registration can be found at http://kingskamp.org/.
Meal Train for Rob Terrell
Please consider bringing Rob Terrell a meal; all information can be found at his Meal Train https://mealtrain.com/m8ll49. Gift cards to Santa Monica-area restaurants and Whole Foods, as well as checks, can also be contributed. You can give them to Linn Griffin at church or bring them to the church office. Thank you!
Students Seeking Short-Term Housing
These students are looking for short-term housing options coming up soon. Please email them if you have any leads!
Ash Whitaker (email@example.com) Summer 2019
Jessie Mandel (firstname.lastname@example.org) August- November 2019
- -Minister transitions
- -Taylor Lowe, for health and healing.
- -Glyn Hanks, Lincoln’s father, for health and healing.
- -Carolyn Nicks, for health and healing.
- -Cindy Morgan, for health and healing.
- -Walter Glass, for health and healing.
- -Blake Mastalerz, for health and healing.
- -Nancy Pippin, for health and healing.
- -Rob Terrell, for health and healing.
- -Peter Thompson, for health and healing.
- -Ann Warford, for health and healing.
- -Sue Griffin, Brad’s mother.
- -Bernice Evans James, Bernie’s mother.
- -Sammy Maiorca, Steve’s father.
- -Tom McGinley, Patty Atkisson’s brother & Diana Maiorca’s stepdad.
- -Leonard Markiewicz, Reagan Brewster’s friend.
- -Missionaries: Mindi and Dereje Aleme (Ethiopia & Kenya), Joseph Dzamesi (Ghana), Igor Egirev (Russia); and the mission organizations we support: Let’s Start Talking (worldwide), Made in the Streets (Kenya), and Predisan (Honduras).
-May 5: Message by Rmani Crawford
-May 5: Summer Bible Classes begin
-May 5: Young Adult Lunch @ Malibu Farmer’s Market
-May 12: Summer in Stauffer Begins -May 19: Servant Leader Meeting after service (In UCC Office)
-May 24-26: All-Church Camping Trip
-July 28-August 3: Kings Kamp
Attendance (April 21): 190
Contribution (April 21): $7,362.50
Weekly Need: $7,903.85
Weekly Average (YTD): $6,559.53
Servant Leaders (2018-2019)
Please contact an individual leader if you are interested in serving on her or his respective team. If you need contact information, please email email@example.com:
Servant leaders related to our Sunday gatherings:
Acappella Music: Scott Reynolds
Adult Education: Dave Lemley & Robby Schaffer
Hospitality: Greg Warwar
Technology: Randy Coppinger
Worship Coordinator: Shannon Warwar
Servant leaders related to our family life:
Benevolence: Amy & Chris Doran; Katy & Peter Thompson
Families: Brad & Liz Mancuso
Finance: Paul Jones
Life Together: Steve Rouse & Kanet Thomas
Men’s & Women’s: Lee Morgan & Jenny Parmelee
Missions: Susan Giboney
Prayer: Kari Coppinger
Seniors: David Baird
Young Adults: Phill DuVentre & Beverly Cawyer
Sunday Morning Bible Classes
Summer Classes begin starting on May 5. We will meet in AC 190 on May 5, and then in Stauffer Chapel at 9AM for the remainder of the summer.
– Youth group: Living in the Kosmos – An Exploration of Order and Chaos
* Joel Foster (Cafeteria)
– Children’s classes: Lessons from Luke
* Cradle roll: Emily & Jason Jarvis (Plaza 191)
* Preschool: Kari Coppinger & Marcus Reaves (Plaza 190)
* K-3rd grades: Rick Cupp & Julia Held (Plaza 189)
* 4th-5th grades: Corinne Le (Plaza 188)
UCC Contact Information / Social Media:
– Website: http://www.uccmalibu.com
– Blog: uccfamilynews.wordpress.com
– Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
– Instagram: @UCCMalibu
– Facebook Page: University Church of Christ (Malibu)
– Phone Number: 310.506.4504