Here are this summer’s topics, teaching lineups, and locations:
– Adults: “Cloud of Witnesses” (Multiple teachers — see below): – Stauffer Chapel
– Teens: “Survey of the Old Testament” (Dusty Breeding & Joel Foster) – Cafeteria
– Children: “Old Testament Kings” – Plaza classrooms
* Cradle Roll: Brad & Linn Griffin
* Preschool: Kari Coppinger & Jenny Parmelee
* K-3rd grades: Diana Maiorca & Lydia Folkerts
* 4th-5th grades: Corinne Le
Cloud of Witnesses Teachers
Here are the teachers for the remaining Cloud of Witnesses adult Bible class sessions this summer:
June 3: Andrea Zahler
June 10: Hung Le
June 17: Sara Barton
June 24: Jere Yates
July 1: Kimberly Hebert
July 8: Greg Warwar
July 15: Stacy Rouse
July 22: Donna Nofziger
July 29: Jeff Walling
August 5: Dusty Breeding
August 12: Rick Gibson
August 19: Jason Jarvis
Young Adult “Nerts” Night
The next UCC young adult party is scheduled at the Sturgeon condo at 7pm this Friday (June 1). Please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org. It will be a “Nerts” game night — beginners are welcome! The Sturgeons ask everyone to bring snack food/drinks, etc. instead of providing dinner.
5th Grade Moving Up Ceremony
We are having our 5th Grade Moving Up Ceremony this Sunday, June 3! Families are welcome to join us at 9:00am in PLC 176 to celebrate our new Youth Group members.
Youth Group Senior Celebration
Our church family is invited to the Breedings’ home immediately after service on Sunday, June 3, to celebrate the graduation of our youth group seniors. A light lunch will be provided.
Youth Group Teen Camp
Camp for the summer is approaching fast! Sign up for Teen Camp (July 15-21) at this link! http://socalteencamp.org
-Lou Archer, who has been in the hospital.
-Falon & Nate Barton, preparing to move to Uganda.
-Laurie Dowdey, David & Pat’s daughter-in-law.
-Bernice Evans James, Bernie James’s mother.
-Sammy Maiorca, Steve’s father, who is living with ALS.
-Rob Terrell, for healing from cancer.
-Missionaries: Mindi and Dereje Aleme (Ethiopia), Joseph Dzamesi (Ghana), Igor Egirev (Russia); and the mission organizations we support: Let’s Start Talking (worldwide), Made in the Streets (Kenya), and Predisan (Honduras).
The Week Ahead:
-June 1: Nerts (not Nerds!) Young Adult Game Night
-June 3: 5th Grade Moving Up Ceremony
-June 3: Youth Group Summer Parent Meeting
-June 3: Youth Group Senior Celebration
-June 8-23: UCC Mission Trip to Nairobi
-June 10: Seniors Ministry Lunch & Discussion
-June 10: Message by Jennifer Gash
-June 17: Message by Eric Wilson
-July 15-21: Teen Camp
-July 22: Message by John Wilson
Attendance (May 27): 132
Contribution (May 27): $5,726.90
Weekly Need: $8,231.76
Weekly Average (YTD): $6,987.59
UCC Contact Information / Social Media:
– Blog: uccfamilynews.wordpress.com
– Email: email@example.com
– Instagram: @UCCMalibu
– Facebook Page: University Church of Christ (Malibu)
– Phone Number: 310.506.4504
– Website: universitychurchofchrist.us
Servant Leaders (2017-2018)
Please contact an individual leader if you are interested in serving on her or his respective team. If you need contact information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org:
1. Adult Education: Dave Lemley & Robby Schaffer
2. Benevolence/Service: Katy & Peter Thompson
3. Finance: Chris Bauman
4. Hospitality: Brad & Liz Mancuso
5. Life Together: Brad & Linn Griffin; Stacy & Steve Rouse
6. Men’s Ministry: Lee Morgan
7. Missions: David & Pat Dowdey
8. Prayer: Kari Coppinger
9. Tech Ministry: Randy Coppinger
10. Women’s Ministry: Jenny Parmelee
More photos below from our awesome camping weekend!