Summer Bible Classes!
It is time to start our transition into our summer Sunday morning Bible classes! The combined adult class will meet in AC 290 for the next three Sundays (April 29, May 6, and May 13) before moving to Stauffer Chapel on May 20. The teen and children’s classes will continue to meet in the same locations as in the spring semester but Corinne will teach a combined children’s class on April 29 and May 6, and the new teachers will begin on May 13. Here are the topics and teaching lineups:
– Adults: “Cloud of Witnesses” (Multiple teachers: Robby Schaffer, coordinator)
– Teens: “Survey of the Old Testament” (Dusty Breeding & Joel Foster)
– Children: “Old Testament Kings”
* Cradle Roll: Brad & Linn Griffin
* Preschool: Kari Coppinger & Jenny Parmelee
* K-3rd grades: Diana Maiorca & Lydia Folkerts
* 4th-5th grades: Corinne Le
Men’s Ministry Street Tacos
All junior high, high school, young adult and adult-aged men are welcome to join us for good food and fellowship on May 5 at noon in Baxter Park.
All-Church Camping Trip
The camping trip will be May 25 – 27 at the Ventura Ranch KOA in Santa Paula. Please register and submit payment in order to reserve a space. Register via this form (payment info included): https://goo.gl/forms/cnBUKPz6Vooe3s6B2. Contact Jenny Parmelee with questions.
Thanks to the generous giving of the congregation, the missions fund totals $31,200.00. One-time or pledge contributions are still gratefully received at any time.
Culver Palms 75th Anniversary
The Culver Palms Church of Christ invites you to its 75th Anniversary next Sunday, April 29 at 10:30 AM. The service will be led by former Culver Palms ministers (Dan Knight, Matt Soper, David Skates, and Doug Cole) and Amy Bost Heneger. A celebratory feast will follow worship prepared by Greek chef and missionary Eleni Melirrytos with dishes from Greece, Syria, and the Middle East. For more information contact Mark Manassee at Markmanassee@culverpalms.org.
HOPE4Kids Festival & Run to Benefit Foster Youth
From Kari Coppinger: “Thank you for your prayers and support for the HOPE4Kids Festival & Run, which will be this Saturday, April 28. You can still register to volunteer and/or run/walk (in person or virtually). More details at http://www.raisinghope.org/hope4kids. Your continued prayers for the foster youth and families we serve are appreciated.”
-Laurie Dowdey, David & Pat’s daughter-in-law, who had a serious heart episode on Monday and will face heart surgery again.
-Jose Roman, Nancy Shatzer’s son-in-law
-Bernice Evans James, Bernie James’s mother
-Falon & Nate Barton, preparing to move to Uganda.
-Sammy Maiorca, Steve’s father, who is living with ALS.
– Rob Terrell, for healing from cancer.
-The Mancuso family, expecting their second child!
-Missionaries: Mindi and Dereje Aleme (Ethiopia), Joseph Dzamesi (Ghana), Igor Egirev (Russia); and the mission organizations we support: Let’s Start Talking (worldwide), Made in the Streets (Kenya), and Predisan (Honduras).
The Week Ahead:
-April 28: HOPE4Kids Festival & Run
-April 29: Summer Bible classes begin
-May 1-4: Harbor: The Pepperdine Bible Lectures
-May 5: Men’s Ministry Street Tacos
-May 13: Seniors Ministry Lunch & Discussion
-May 20: Summer in Stauffer begins
-May 25-27: All-Church Camping Trip
-June 3: Youth Group Summer Parent Meeting
Attendance (April 22): 257
Contribution (April 22): $9,415.25
Weekly Need: $8,231.76
Weekly Average (YTD): $7,247.28
UCC Contact Information / Social Media:
– Blog: uccfamilynews.wordpress.com
– Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
– Instagram: @UCCMalibu
– Facebook Page: University Church of Christ (Malibu)
– Phone Number: 310.506.4504
– Website: universitychurchofchrist.us
Servant Leaders (2017-2018)
Please contact an individual leader if you are interested in serving on her or his respective team. If you need contact information, please email email@example.com:
1. Adult Education: Dave Lemley & Robby Schaffer
2. Benevolence/Service: Katy & Peter Thompson
3. Finance: Chris Bauman
4. Hospitality: Brad & Liz Mancuso
5. Life Together: Brad & Linn Griffin; Stacy & Steve Rouse
6. Men’s Ministry: Lee Morgan
7. Missions: David & Pat Dowdey
8. Prayer: Kari Coppinger
9. Tech Ministry: Randy Coppinger
10. Women’s Ministry: Jenny Parmelee
11. Worship Coordination: Shannon Warwar
12. Worship Design: Eric Wilson
Humans of UCC // Meet Andrea Zahler!
1. Do you have any hobbies you particularly enjoy doing?
Reading//Going to live comedy/improv shows
2. What is one place you really want to visit?
3. What is something you feel strongly about?
4. Is there a quote and/or verse you try to live by?
Habakkuk 2:14 “For the earth will be filled with the knowledge of the glory of the LORD as the waters cover the sea.”
The first photo is her official Pepperdine photo. The other is a portrait of Andrea done by one of her students. On the back, her student wrote, “May the promises of God cover you like an umbrella in the storms of life.”