Youth Group Winter Retreat
The Youth Group Winter Retreat at Big Bear is less than a month away on March 16-18! The cost is $145. Register now to confirm your spot by clicking this link: https://goo.gl/forms/kIovUib7vAwZQ6cv1. Contact Dusty or Joel with any questions.
The annual missions contribution will be collected on Sunday, March 25. We will host “missions moments” each Sunday morning in March leading up to the collection. Please be praying and preparing for this important day! Here are the missionaries that we support: 2018 Missions Contribution Flyer
Final Call: “Welcoming Justice” Book Partners
All members of the University Church of Christ are invited to participate in a book partner opportunity through Pepperdine’s Office of the Chaplain: “Welcoming Justice” by Charles Marsh & John Perkins. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to participate and be partnered with another church member (or if you have a suggested partner). Also, let Al know if you are already participating through a Pepperdine department so that he can maintain a list of all church members involved. You will be asked to (a) read the short book; (b) discuss with your partner on at least two occasions; and (c) attend a special private event with John Perkins on Monday, March 26, at 5pm.
Women’s Fellowship Event
The ladies of the church are invited to attend a tea party to be hosted at the Warwars’ house on Saturday, April 7th, at 11am (ages 6 and up are welcome). If you are planning to attend the event, please fill out this short survey by March 23rd: https://goo.gl/forms/ugT2soEIVTosfBx33
All-Church Camping Trip
Save the date for our 2nd annual all-church camping trip: May 25-27th at the Ventura Ranch KOA in Santa Paula, CA.
-Falon & Nate Barton, preparing to move to Uganda.
-Carlton Powell, in the loss of his father, Henry Powell.
-Paula Bryant, Haley Love’s mother, recovering from surgery.
-Sammy Maiorca, Steve’s father, who is living with ALS.
-The Mancuso family, who are expecting their second child!
-Missionaries: Mindi and Dereje Aleme (Ethiopia), Joseph Dzamesi (Ghana), Igor Egirev (Russia); and the mission organizations we support: Let’s Start Talking (worldwide), Made in the Streets (Kenya), and Predisan (Honduras).
The Week Ahead:
–March 1: Kids Club
-March 11: Daylight Savings Time Begins
-March 16-18: Youth Group Winter Retreat
-March 18: UCC 101 Lunch & Class
-March 23: Young Adults to Baseball Game (Pepperdine @ LMU)
-March 25: Missions Sunday & Palm Sunday
-March 26: Welcoming Justice with John Perkins
-April 1: Easter Egg Hunt & Easter Sunday
-April 7: Women’s Tea at the Warwars
-April 8: Servant Leaders Meeting
-April 15: Kids Club Year-End Extravaganza!
-April 22: All-Church Pancake Breakfast
-May 1-4: Harbor: The Pepperdine Bible Lectures
-May 25-27: All-Church Camping Trip
Attendance (February 25): 190
Contribution (February 25): $4,045.00
Weekly Need: $8,231.76
Weekly Average (YTD): $6,833.09
UCC Contact Information / Social Media:
– Blog: uccfamilynews.wordpress.com
– Email: email@example.com
– Instagram: @UCCMalibu
– Facebook Page: University Church of Christ (Malibu)
– Phone Number: 310.506.4504
– Website: universitychurchofchrist.us
Servant Leaders (2017-2018)
Please contact an individual leader if you are interested in serving on her or his respective team. If you need contact information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org:
1. Adult Education: Dave Lemley & Robby Schaffer
2. Benevolence/Service: Katy & Peter Thompson
3. Finance: Chris Bauman
4. Hospitality: Brad & Liz Mancuso
5. Life Together: Brad & Linn Griffin; Stacy & Steve Rouse
6. Men’s Ministry: Lee Morgan
7. Missions: David & Pat Dowdey
8. Prayer: Kari Coppinger
9. Tech Ministry: Randy Coppinger
10. Women’s Ministry: Jenny Parmelee
11. Worship Coordination: Shannon Warwar
12. Worship Design: Eric Wilson
Spring 2018 Sunday Morning Bible Class Lineup (Sundays @ 9am)
– Cradle Roll: Linda Truschke & Angie Lemley (PC 191)
– Toddlers/Preschool: Jody Sturgeon & Morgan Clinton (PC 190)
– K-3rd grade: Rick Cupp & Al Sturgeon (PC 189)
– 4th-5th grades: Dusty Breeding & Jesse Morgan (PC 188)
– 6th-12th grades: Joel Foster & Emily Sabino (24358 Baxter Drive)
– Adults (college & up):
* Koinonia Class (AC 290) with Ann & Greg Skipper
* The Remarkable Testimony of a Mysterious Witness: The Gospel of John (AC 270) with John Wilson & Randy Chesnutt
* Preparing for Marriage with Susan Giboney (UCC Church Office)