“Welcoming Justice” Book Partners
All members of the University Church of Christ are invited to participate in a book partner opportunity through Pepperdine’s Office of the Chaplain: “Welcoming Justice” by Charles Marsh & John Perkins. Please email email@example.com if you would like to participate and be partnered with another church member (or if you have a suggested partner). Also, let Al know if you are already participating through a Pepperdine department so that he can maintain a list of all church members involved. You will be asked to (a) read the short book; (b) discuss with your partner on at least two occasions; and (c) attend a special private event with John Perkins on Monday, March 26, at 5pm.
UCC 101 Lunch & Class
For anyone interested in learning more about or becoming a member of the University Church of Christ, please join us at the Sturgeon condo following morning worship this Sunday, February 18, 2018. RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Young Adults Game Night at the Rouses
The Rouses will be hosting a Young Adults Game Night on Friday, February 23, at 6:30pm. Food is provided but donations are welcome to help offset the cost!
Youth Group Girls Night
Attention all youth group ladies! Emily will be hosting a girl’s night on Friday, February 23rd from 4:30PM to 8:30PM! Contact Emily at email@example.com for more information!
Women’s Fellowship Event
Please save the date for a Women’s Tea to be hosted at the Warwar’s house on Saturday, April 7th, at 11 am.
Thank you for sharing your prayer requests with us. Your requests and praises are being prayed over. The prayer team appreciates you sharing what is on your heart. Cards will be in the back of Elkins again this coming week for anyone who would like to submit a prayer request or praise report. If you would like to join the team or to share a request or praise, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Kids Club Guest Opportunities!
The UCC Kids Club for K-5th graders meets from 4-5pm in Baxter Park each Thursday afternoon with Al Sturgeon and Annie Little. We play, sing, and study the Bible from 4-4:30 and then have a special guest join us for the last 30 minutes. We have several guests in the works for this semester but would LOVE for other church members to come this semester and share something fun with the kids for 30 minutes. Contact either Al or Annie if you are interested in serving our children in this way.
– The Powell family, grieving the loss of Carlton’s father.
– Falon & Nate Barton, preparing to move to Uganda.
– Paula Bryant, Haley Love’s mother, recovering from surgery.
– Sammy Maiorca, Steve’s father, who is living with ALS.
– The Mancuso family, who are expecting their second child!
– Missionaries: Mindi and Dereje Aleme (Ethiopia), Joseph Dzamesi (Ghana), Igor Egirev (Russia); and the mission organizations we support: Let’s Start Talking (worldwide), Made in the Streets (Kenya), and Predisan (Honduras).
Spring 2018 Sunday Morning Bible Class Lineup (Sundays @ 9am)
– Cradle Roll: Linda Truschke & Angie Lemley (PC 191)
– Toddlers/Preschool: Jody Sturgeon & Morgan Clinton (PC 190)
– K-3rd grade: Rick Cupp & Al Sturgeon (PC 189)
– 4th-5th grades: Dusty Breeding & Jesse Morgan (PC 188)
– 6th-12th grades: Joel Foster & Emily Sabino (24358 Baxter Drive)
– Adults (college & up):
* Koinonia Class (AC 290) with Ann & Greg Skipper
* The Remarkable Testimony of a Mysterious Witness: The Gospel of John (AC 270) with John Wilson & Randy Chesnutt
* Preparing for Marriage with Susan Giboney (UCC Church Office)
The Week Ahead:
–February 15: Kids Club
–February 15: The Well
–February 18: UCC 101 Luncheon & Class
–February 23: Young Adult Game Night at the Rouses
–February 23: Youth Group Girls Night
–February 25: Message by D’Esta Love
–March 16-18: Youth Group Winter Retreat
-March 25: Missions Sunday & Palm Sunday
-April 1: Easter Sunday
-April 7: Women’s Tea at the Warwars
Attendance (February 11): 234
Contribution (February 11): $7,257.66
Weekly Need: $8,231.76
Weekly Average (YTD): $6,521.96
UCC Contact Information / Social Media:
– Blog: uccfamilynews.wordpress.com
– Email: email@example.com
– Instagram: @UCCMalibu
– Facebook Page: University Church of Christ (Malibu)
– Phone Number: 310.506.4504
– Website: universitychurchofchrist.us
Servant Leaders (2017-2018)
Please contact an individual leader if you are interested in serving on her or his respective team. If you need contact information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org:
1. Adult Education: Dave Lemley & Robby Schaffer
2. Benevolence/Service: Katy & Peter Thompson
3. Finance: Chris Bauman
4. Hospitality: Brad & Liz Mancuso
5. Life Together: Brad & Linn Griffin; Stacy & Steve Rouse
6. Men’s Ministry: Lee Morgan
7. Missions: David & Pat Dowdey
8. Prayer: Kari Coppinger
9. Tech Ministry: Randy Coppinger
10. Women’s Ministry: Jenny Parmelee
11. Worship Coordination: Shannon Warwar
12. Worship Design: Eric Wilson