Thank you for sharing your prayer requests last week. Your requests and praises are being prayed over. The prayer team appreciates you sharing what is on your heart. Cards will be in the back of Elkins again this coming week for anyone who would like to submit a prayer request or praise report. If you would like to join the team or to share a request or praise, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
New Prayer Requests
– Please pray for Carlton Powell and his family in the loss of his father, Henry Powell. Our thoughts and prayers are with Carlton at this difficult time.
– Pray for Nate and Falon Barton as they fundraise and prepare to live and work in Uganda with Kibo Group.
Single and widowed women of all ages are invited to a “Gal”entines potluck lunch for good food and company on Feb. 11 after service at John & Claudette Wilson’s house. Please RSVP to email@example.com.
Acappella Worship Night
On Sunday, February 11, at 7PM in Stauffer’s Chapel, Campus Ministry is hosting an acappella worship night lead by members of the University Church of Christ. Thea Riley will also be delivering a message! Please come out this Sunday and join us in fellowship.
Parents Night Out
On February 13, the Service Team and Campus Ministry is hosting another “Parents Night Out” babysitting event! It is the day before Valentine’s Day in hopes of giving parents the night for a date or just some time to relax! The room is TBD, but like last semester, there are sign ups online that can be found on the UCC Facebook page. If someone has any questions they can email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Young Adult Game Night at the Rouses
The Rouses will be hosting a Young Adult Game Night on Friday, February 23.
Youth Group Girl’s Night
Attention all youth group ladies! Emily will be hosting a girl’s night on Friday, February 23rd from 4:30PM to 8:30PM! Contact Emily at email@example.com for more information!
Seeking Help in our Hospitality Ministry
The church is looking for someone to serve in the Hospitality Ministry. Specifically, we need someone who is willing to set up and take down the refreshment table each week. If you are interested, please contact Brad (Brad@bohmlaw.com) or Liz (firstname.lastname@example.org) Mancuso.
Missions Ministry Note
Nicole Worthington, Predisan’s new Chief Development Officer, wrote that they have been able to provide the mountain villages of Olancho with clean water, expand operations to 35 medical clinics, and conduct outreaches “to improve the physical, economic, and environmental health to 150,000 in these remote villages,” with one result being “a surge in the delivery of healthy babies. One of the grandmothers shared tears of joy . . . because now there will be medical help available to her grandchildren as they grow.” Another part of Predisan’s work, even more central to its mission, is proclaiming Jesus, which “strengthens spiritual development and contributes to blessings much greater than our physical needs . . . . Dr. Madrid, our board members, doctors, nurses, missionaries, and community workers join me in thanking members of the University Church of Christ for their generous partnership and support to demonstrate the heart and compassion of Christ to the people of Honduras.”
Kids Club Guest Opportunities!
The UCC Kids Club for K-5th graders meets from 4-5pm in Baxter Park each Thursday afternoon with Al Sturgeon and Annie Little. We play, sing, and study the Bible from 4-4:30 and then have a special guest join us for the last 30 minutes. We have several guests in the works for this semester but would LOVE for other church members to come this semester and share something fun with the kids for 30 minutes. Contact either Al or Annie if you are interested in serving our children in this way.
– Prayers for Montecito
– Paula Bryant, Haley Love’s mother, recovering from surgery.
— The Shatzer family in their time of loss.
— The Helen Young family in their time of loss.
– All affected by the fires in California.
– Sammy Maiorca, Steve’s father, who is living with ALS.
– The Mancuso family, who are expecting their second child!
– Missionaries: Mindi and Dereje Aleme (Ethiopia), Joseph Dzamesi (Ghana), Igor Egirev (Russia); and the mission organizations we support: Let’s Start Talking (worldwide), Made in the Streets (Kenya), and Predisan (Honduras).
Spring 2018 Sunday Morning Bible Class Lineup (Sundays @ 9am)
– Cradle Roll: Linda Truschke & Angie Lemley (PC 191)
– Toddlers/Preschool: Jody Sturgeon & Morgan Clinton (PC 190)
– K-3rd grade: Rick Cupp & Al Sturgeon (PC 189)
– 4th-5th grades: Dusty Breeding & Jesse Morgan (PC 188)
– 6th-12th grades: Joel Foster & Emily Sabino (24358 Baxter Drive)
– Adults (college & up):
* Koinonia Class (AC 290) with Ann & Greg Skipper
* The Remarkable Testimony of a Mysterious Witness: The Gospel of John (AC 270) with John Wilson & Randy Chesnutt
* Preparing for Marriage with Susan Giboney (UCC Church Office)
The Week Ahead:
-February 8: Kids Club
-February 8: The Well
–February 11: Servant Leaders Meeting
–February 11: Valentines Gathering
–February 11: Seniors Ministry Lunch & Discussion
-February 11: Acappella Worship Night
–February 18: UCC 101 Luncheon & Class
–February 23: Young Adult Game Night at the Rouses
–February 23: Youth Group Girls Night
–February 25: Message by D’Esta Love
–March 16-18: Youth Group Winter Retreat
Attendance (February 4): 245
Contribution (February 4): $5,045.25
Weekly Need: $8,231.76
Weekly Average (YTD): $6,374.82
UCC Contact Information / Social Media:
– Blog: uccfamilynews.wordpress.com
– Email: email@example.com
– Instagram: @UCCMalibu
– Facebook Page: University Church of Christ (Malibu)
– Phone Number: 310.506.4504
– Website: universitychurchofchrist.us
Servant Leaders (2017-2018)
Please contact an individual leader if you are interested in serving on her or his respective team:
1. Adult Education: Dave Lemley & Robby Schaffer
2. Benevolence/Service: Katy & Peter Thompson
3. Finance: Chris Bauman
4. Hospitality: Brad & Liz Mancuso
5. Life Together: Brad & Linn Griffin; Stacy & Steve Rouse
6. Men’s Ministry: Lee Morgan
7. Missions: David & Pat Dowdey
8. Prayer: Kari Coppinger
9. Tech Ministry: Randy Coppinger
10. Women’s Ministry: Jenny Parmelee
11. Worship Coordination: Shannon Warwar
12. Worship Design: Eric Wilson