Kids Club Guest Opportunities!
The UCC Kids Club for K-5th graders meets from 4-5pm in Baxter Park each Thursday afternoon with Al Sturgeon and Annie Little. We play, sing, and study the Bible from 4-4:30 and then have a special guest join us for the last 30 minutes. We have several guests in the works for this semester but would LOVE for other church members to come this semester and share something fun with the kids for 30 minutes. Contact either Al or Annie if you are interested in serving our children in this way.
Young Adults to Sherman Oaks Castle Park
The young adults will go to Sherman Oaks Castle Park at 6:30pm on Friday, January 26, for some miniature golf, batting range, and arcade fun! Contact Al Sturgeon with questions or to RSVP.
Join us for a men’s breakfast at the Morgan’s home in Thousand Oaks on Saturday January 27th at 9:00 AM. The address is 1708 Shady Brook Drive, Thousand Oaks, CA, 91362. Please RSVP to Lee Morgan: 818-599-5724 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
UCC Trip to Nairobi, Kenya
Please contact Dusty if you are interested in joining the group traveling to Kenya in June. There will be a 30-minute planning meeting in the church office following morning worship on January 28.
Single and widowed women of all ages are invited to a “Gal”entines potluck lunch for good food and company on Feb. 11 after service (location TBD). RSVP to email@example.com.
Parents Night Out
On February 13, the Service Team and Campus Ministry is hosting another “Parents Night Out” babysitting event! It is the day before Valentine’s Day in hopes of giving parents the night for a date or just some time to relax! The room is TBD, but like last semester, there are sign ups online that can be found on the UCC Facebook page. If someone has any questions they can email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Seeking Help in our Hospitality Ministry
The church is looking for someone to serve in the Hospitality Ministry. Specifically, we need someone who is willing to set up and take down the refreshment table each week. If you are interested, please contact Brad (Brad@bohmlaw.com) or Liz (email@example.com) Mancuso.
– Prayers for Montecito
– Paula Bryant, Haley Love’s mother, recovering from surgery.
— The Shatzer family in their time of loss.
— The Helen Young family in their time of loss.
– All affected by the fires in California.
– Sammy Maiorca, Steve’s father, who is living with ALS.
– The Mancuso family, who are expecting their second child!
– Missionaries: Mindi and Dereje Aleme (Ethiopia), Joseph Dzamesi (Ghana), Igor Egirev (Russia); and the mission organizations we support: Let’s Start Talking (worldwide), Made in the Streets (Kenya), and Predisan (Honduras).
Spring 2018 Sunday Morning Bible Class Lineup (Sundays @ 9am)
– Cradle Roll: Linda Truschke & Angie Lemley (PC 191)
– Toddlers/Preschool: Jody Sturgeon & Morgan Clinton (PC 190)
– K-3rd grade: Rick Cupp & Al Sturgeon (PC 189)
– 4th-5th grades: Dusty Breeding & Jesse Morgan (PC 188)
– 6th-12th grades: Joel Foster & Emily Sabino (24358 Baxter Drive)
– Adults (college & up):
* Koinonia Class (AC 290) with Ann & Greg Skipper
* The Remarkable Testimony of a Mysterious Witness: The Gospel of John (AC 270) with John Wilson & Randy Chesnutt
* Preparing for Marriage with Susan Giboney (UCC Church Office: NOTE: Begins on January 21)
The Week Ahead:
– January 25: Kids Club
– January 25: The Well
– January 26: Young Adults to Sherman Oaks Castle Park
– January 27: Men’s Breakfast at the Morgan’s
– January 28: MITS Planning Meeting
– January 28: Senior Sunday at the Brock House
–February 4: Church Super Bowl Party
–February 11: Servant Leaders Meeting
–February 11: Valentines Gathering
–February 18: UCC 101 Luncheon & Class
–March 16-18: Youth Group Winter Retreat
Attendance (January 21): 230
Contribution (January 21): $7,345.00
Weekly Need: $8,231.76
Weekly Average (YTD): $6,181.79
UCC Contact Information / Social Media:
– Blog: uccfamilynews.wordpress.com
– Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
– Instagram: @UCCMalibu
– Facebook Page: University Church of Christ (Malibu)
– Phone Number: 310.506.4504
– Website: universitychurchofchrist.us
Servant Leaders (2017-2018)
Please contact an individual leader if you are interested in serving on her or his respective team:
1. Adult Education: Dave Lemley & Robby Schaffer
2. Benevolence/Service: Katy & Peter Thompson
3. Finance: Chris Bauman
4. Hospitality: Brad & Liz Mancuso
5. Life Together: Brad & Linn Griffin; Stacy & Steve Rouse
6. Men’s Ministry: Lee Morgan
7. Missions: David & Pat Dowdey
8. Prayer: Kari Coppinger
9. Tech Ministry: Randy Coppinger
10. Women’s Ministry: Jenny Parmelee
11. Worship Coordination: Shannon Warwar
12. Worship Design: Eric Wilson