Memorial Service for Milt Shatzer
A memorial service for Milt Shatzer has been scheduled from 2pm until 3pm on Wednesday, January 3, in Elkins Auditorium. A reception is scheduled in front of Elkins Auditorium from 3-4pm. In lieu of flowers, the family requests donations to the Dr. Milt Shatzer Memorial Scholarship at http://impact.pepperdine.edu/miltshatzer. Our hearts continue to go out to the Shatzer family during this time of great loss. Please keep Nancy, Jeremy, and Christin in your constant prayers.
Providing Meals for the Shatzer, Young, and Chesnutt Families:
Everyone: Churches are particularly wonderful at providing meals for families who are navigating difficult times, and we have the opportunity to do so for three of our own right now. Three “meal train” links are below. Please sign up and help where you can. Contact Linn Griffin if you have any questions.
- For the Shatzer family: https://mealtrain.com/2lkr3m
- For the Young family:
- For the Chesnutt family: https://www.mealtrain.com/ol7oz4
Christmas Eve Service in Stauffer Chapel
There are no Bible classes scheduled for this Sunday morning, but our regularly-scheduled morning worship assembly will occur at 10:15am in Stauffer Chapel. Deep thanks to Hung Le for coordinating a special Christmas Eve service this week. My sermon is titled, “Nothing is Impossible with God.”
Season’s Greetings from Predisan (Honduras)
“May the magic and the wonder of the holiday season stay with you throughout the coming year.”
Spring Sunday Morning Bible Classes Launch on January 7 (Sundays @ 9am)
There will be no Bible classes meeting on December 24 or December 31.
– Cradle Roll: Linda Truschke & Angie Lemley (PC 191)
– Toddlers/Preschool: Jody Sturgeon & Morgan Clinton (PC 190)
– K-3rd grade: Rick Cupp & Al Sturgeon (PC 189)
– 4th-5th grades: Dusty Breeding & Jesse Morgan (PC 188)
– 6th-12th grades: Joel Foster & Emily Sabino (24358 Baxter Drive)
– Adults (college & up):
* Road Trip! Stories from the Journey (AC 290) with Ann & Greg Skipper
* Sacred Yoga (Fireside Room) with Cecily Breeding
*The Remarkable Testimony of a Mysterious Witness: The Gospel of John (AC 270) with John Wilson & Randy Chesnutt
*Preparing for Marriage with Susan Giboney (UCC Church Office: NOTE: Begins on January 21)
– The Shatzer family in their time of loss.
– The Helen Young family in their time of loss.
– All affected by the fires in California.
– Sammy Maiorca, Steve’s father, who is living with ALS.
– The Mancuso family, who are expecting their second child!
– Missionaries: Mindi and Dereje Aleme (Ethiopia), Joseph Dzamesi (Ghana), Igor Egirev (Russia); and the mission organizations we support: Let’s Start Talking (worldwide), Made in the Streets (Kenya), and Predisan (Honduras).
Interested in Joining a House Group?
We have room for 20-25 more students (or resident members) to join our house groups next semester! Groups meet on Sunday, Tuesday, and Wednesday evenings. Contact email@example.com if you are interested and please indicate which night works best for you.
The Week Ahead:
– December 24: No Bible classes meet
– December 24: Special Christmas Eve Service in Stauffer Chapel at 10:15 AM
– December 31: No Bible classes meet
– December 31: Worship service in Elkins Auditorium at 10:15 AM
– January 3: Memorial service for Milt Shatzer (2pm)
– January 5: Memorial service for Helen Young (11am)
– January 7: Bible classes resume
– January 11: Kids Club resumes
– January 14: Seniors Ministry Lunch & Discussion
– January 14-17: House Groups resume
– January 21: UCC 101 Luncheon & Class
Attendance (December 17): 173
Contribution (December 17): $9,717.00
Weekly Need: $8,231.76
Weekly Average (YTD): $7,421.03
UCC Contact Information / Social Media:
– Blog: uccfamilynews.wordpress.com
– Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
– Instagram: @UCCMalibu
– Facebook Page: University Church of Christ (Malibu)
– Phone Number: 310.506.4504
– Website: universitychurchofchrist.us
Servant Leaders (2017-2018)
Please contact an individual leader if you are interested in serving on her or his respective team:
1. Adult Education: Dave Lemley & Robby Schaffer
2. Benevolence/Service: Katy & Peter Thompson
3. Finance: Chris Bauman
4. Hospitality: Brad & Liz Mancuso
5. Life Together: Brad & Linn Griffin; Stacy & Steve Rouse
6. Men’s Ministry: Lee Morgan
7. Missions: David & Pat Dowdey
8. Prayer: Kari Coppinger
9. Tech Ministry: Randy Coppinger
10. Women’s Ministry: Jenny Parmelee
11. Worship Coordination: Shannon Warwar
12. Worship Design: Eric Wilson
Beautiful smiles at the Christmas Potluck & Pageant