Labor Exchange Holiday Party – December 16
The annual Labor Exchange Holiday Party will be held at Our Lady of Malibu on Saturday, December 16. If you are interested in helping out in any way, contact Jody Sturgeon at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Youth Group Christmas Party – December 16
Send your students to Dusty’s house Saturday, December 16th, from 6-9 PM for the Youth Group Christmas Party.
UCC Annual Christmas Potluck and Children’s Pageant – December 17
Join us for the annual Christmas Potluck and Children’s Pageant on December 17 at 5 PM in the Waves Cafeteria. Please bring a main dish, side dish, and dessert to share. We’ll have a photographer on hand to capture family Christmas photos, so remember to come dressed in your festive best!
Interested in Joining a House Group?
We have room for 20-25 more students (or resident members) to join our house groups next semester! Groups meet on Sunday, Tuesday, and Wednesday evenings. Contact email@example.com if you are interested and please indicate which night works best for you.
Spring Sunday Morning Bible Classes Launch on January 7 (Sundays @ 9am)
There will be no Bible classes meeting on December 24 or December 31.
– Cradle Roll: Linda Truschke & Angie Lemley (PC 191)
– Toddlers/Preschool: Jodie Sturgeon & Morgan Clinton (PC 190)
– K-3rd grade: Rick Cupp & Al Sturgeon (PC 189)
– 4th-5th grades: Dusty Breeding (PC 188)
– 6th-12th grades: Dusty Breeding & team (24358 Baxter Drive)
– Adults (college & up):
*Sacred Yoga (Fireside Room) with Cecily Breeding
*The Remarkable Testimony of a Mysterious Witness: The Gospel of John (AC 270) with John Wilson & Randy Chesnutt
*Preparing for Marriage with Susan Giboney (AC 290: NOTE: Begins on January 14)
New Ways to Give
We have added two easy and efficient ways to give to the church – Venmo and Zelle. For Venmo, load the Venmo app and use @universitychurch as the church’s account name. For Zelle, you can use your personal banking app or load Zelle app and use firstname.lastname@example.org as the preferred email. For more information, go to https://venmo.com/about/product/ or https://www.zellepay.com/how-it-works.
Follow UCC on Instagram
Follow @UCCMalibu for the latest announcements/updates/pictures from the church and campus ministry. If you have something special you’d like to share, let us know!
It was determined that Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome has been the cause of Marilyn Chesnutt’s recent health challenges. Thankfully, she does not have the most serious symptoms and is treating it with regular physical therapy. Marilyn wishes to thank everyone for the cards, prayers, and well wishes.
– All who have lost homes due to the CA fires.
– Sammy Maiorca, Steve’s father, who is living with ALS.
– The Mancuso family, who are expecting their second child!
– Missionaries: Mindi and Dereje Aleme (Ethiopia), Joseph Dzamesi (Ghana), Igor Egirev (Russia); and the mission organizations we support: Let’s Start Talking (worldwide), Made in the Streets (Kenya), and Predisan (Honduras).
The Week Ahead:
– December 16: Labor Exchange Holiday Party
– December 16: Youth Group Christmas Party
– December 17: Christmas Pageant & Potluck
– December 24: No Bible classes meet
– December 24: Special Christmas Eve Service in Stauffer Chapel at 10:15 AM
– December 31: No Bible classes meet
– January 1: Happy New Year!
– January 5: Memorial service for Helen Young (11am)
– January 7: Bible classes resume
– January 11: Kids Club Resumes
– January 14-17: House Groups Resume
– January 21: UCC 101 Luncheon & Class
Attendance (December 10): 227
Contribution (December 10): $15,685.79
Weekly Need: $8,231.76
Weekly Average (YTD): $7,375.11
UCC Contact Information / Social Media:
– Blog: uccfamilynews.wordpress.com
– Email: email@example.com
– Instagram: @UCCMalibu
– Facebook Page: University Church of Christ (Malibu)
– Phone Number: 310.506.4504
– Website: universitychurchofchrist.us
Servant Leaders (2017-2018)
Please contact an individual leader if you are interested in serving on her or his respective team!
1. Adult Education: Dave Lemley & Robby Schaffer
2. Benevolence/Service: Katy & Peter Thompson
3. Finance: Chris Bauman
4. Hospitality: Brad & Liz Mancuso
5. Life Together: Brad & Linn Griffin; Stacy & Steve Rouse
6. Men’s Ministry: Lee Morgan
7. Missions: David & Pat Dowdey
8. Prayer: Kari Coppinger
9. Tech Ministry: Randy Coppinger
10. Women’s Ministry: Jenny Parmelee
11. Worship Coordination: Shannon Warwar
12. Worship Design: Eric Wilson