The Well – 8 PM Tonight (December 7)
Tonight is the last time The Well will be meeting this semester. Come out and join us at 8 PM in the amphitheater for awesome music and fellowship! The Well will kick back up again January 11, 2018.
Won by One Christmas Concert – December 10
Won by One, the student worship team that often leads songs on Sunday mornings, will be having a Christmas concert in Stauffer Chapel at 8 pm on Sunday, December 10.
Young Adult Christmas Party – December 12
The Sturgeons are hosting a Young Adult Christmas Party at their home at 7pm on Tuesday, December 12. Grab a sandwich beforehand because there is no dinner served. However, there will be delicious homemade cookies, milk, hot chocolate, and cider along with Christmas music, decorations, a VERY competitive game of Christmas trivia (with a much-coveted trophy for the winner), and the best Christmas episode ever from Parks & Rec! No need to dress up but feel free to wear something festive for the occasion!
Labor Exchange Holiday Party – December 16
The annual Labor Exchange Holiday Party will be held at Our Lady of Malibu on Saturday, December 16. If you are interested in helping out in any way, contact Jody Sturgeon at email@example.com.
Youth Group Christmas Party – December 16
Send your students to Dusty’s house Saturday, December 16th, from 6-9 PM for the Youth Group Christmas Party.
UCC Annual Christmas Potluck and Children’s Pageant – December 17
Join us for the annual Christmas Potluck and Children’s Pageant on December 17 at 5 PM in the Waves Cafeteria. Please bring a main dish, side dish, and dessert to share. We’ll have a photographer on hand to capture family Christmas photos, so remember to come dressed in your festive best. The Parmelee clan is especially encouraged to use the above picture as inspiration in planning a family masterpiece.
Interested in Joining a House Group?
We have room for 20-25 more students (or resident members) to join our house groups next semester! Groups meet on Sunday, Tuesday, and Wednesday evenings. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested and please indicate which night works best for you.
Bible Class Update
There will be no Bible classes meeting on December 24 or December 31.
International Health Care Medical Missions Seminar – January 12 and 13
We wanted to let you know about a great seminar on medical missions this January in Dallas, TX. The seminar provides an excellent opportunity for you to learn more about medical missions while engaging with professionals of various health care occupations, students from other Christian colleges, and speakers who work in medical missions all over the world as well as domestically in the U.S. For more information, go to http://www.ihcf.net/seminar.php.
New Ways to Give
We have added two easy and efficient ways to give to the church – Venmo and Zelle. For Venmo, load the Venmo app and use @universitychurch as the church’s account name. For Zelle, you can use your personal banking app or load Zelle app and use email@example.com as the preferred email. For more information, go to https://venmo.com/about/product/ or https://www.zellepay.com/how-it-works.
Follow UCC on Instagram
Follow @UCCMalibu for the latest announcements/updates/pictures from the church and campus ministry. If you have something special you’d like to share, let us know!
– All who have lost homes due to the CA fires.
– Sammy Maiorca, Steve’s father, who is living with ALS.
– The Mancuso family, who are expecting their second child!
– Missionaries: Mindi and Dereje Aleme (Ethiopia), Joseph Dzamesi (Ghana), Igor Egirev (Russia); and the mission organizations we support: Let’s Start Talking (worldwide), Made in the Streets (Kenya), and Predisan (Honduras).
The Week Ahead:
– December 10: Seniors Ministry Lunch & Discussion
– December 10: Servant Leaders Meeting
– December 10: Won by One Christmas Concert
– December 12: Young Adult Christmas Party
– December 16: Labor Exchange Holiday Party
– December 16: Youth Group Christmas Party
– December 17: Christmas Pageant & Potluck
– December 24: No Bible classes meet
– December 24: Special Christmas Eve Service in Stauffer Chapel at 10:15 AM
– December 31: No Bible classes meet
Attendance (December 3): 228
Contribution (December 3): $10,604.50
Weekly Need: $8,231.76
Weekly Average (YTD): $7,205.51
UCC Contact Information / Social Media:
– Blog: uccfamilynews.wordpress.com
– Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
– Instagram: @UCCMalibu
– Facebook Page: University Church of Christ (Malibu)
– Phone Number: 310.506.4504
– Website: universitychurchofchrist.us
Sunday Morning Bible Classes for All Ages (Sundays @ 9am)
– Cradle Roll: Brad & Linn Griffin (PC 191)
– Toddlers: Corinne Le & Carlie Ott (PC 190)
– Preschool: Kari Coppinger & Rachel Jolly (PC 189)
– K-3rd grade: Annette Trisler & Gabrielle Antonio (PC 188)
– 4th-5th grades: Emily & Jason Jarvis (Church Office)
– 6th-12th grades: Dusty Breeding & team (24358 Baxter Drive)
– Adults (college & up): See below
Fall Semester Adult Bible Classes (Sundays @ 9am)
*Sacred Yoga (Fireside Room) with Cecily Breeding
* Road Trip! Stories from the Journey (AC 290) with Dave Lemley; Regan & Robby Schaffer
* The Remarkable Testimony of a Mysterious Witness: The Gospel of John (AC 270) with John Wilson & Randy Chesnutt
Servant Leaders (2017-2018)
Please contact an individual leader if you are interested in serving on her or his respective team!
1. Adult Education: Dave Lemley & Robby Schaffer
2. Benevolence/Service: Katy & Peter Thompson
3. Finance: Chris Bauman
4. Hospitality: Brad & Liz Mancuso
5. Life Together: Brad & Linn Griffin; Stacy & Steve Rouse
6. Men’s Ministry: Lee Morgan
7. Missions: David & Pat Dowdey
8. Prayer: Kari Coppinger
9. Tech Ministry: Randy Coppinger
10. Women’s Ministry: Jenny Parmelee
11. Worship Coordination: Shannon Warwar
12. Worship Design: Eric Wilson