Volunteer Opportunity – November 25
The organization that sponsors the Creche in Malibu (called “Keep Christ in Christmas”) requests volunteers to help set up the Creche on Saturday, November 25. The volunteers will meet at the Starbucks on Cross Creek at 8:30am. Help is needed until about 12:30pm. If you are interested in volunteering, please contact Susan Schoen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Christmas Desserts Open House – December 3
The Le family has opened their home and are inviting you to their annual Christmas Desserts Open House on Sunday, December 3, from 6 to 9pm. Consider coming out – they would love to celebrate with you!
Won by One Christmas Concert – December 10
Won by One, the student worship team that often leads songs on Sunday mornings, will be having a Christmas concert in Stauffer Chapel at 8 pm on Sunday, December 10.
International Health Care Medical Missions Seminar – January 12 and 13
We wanted to let you know about a great seminar on medical missions this January in Dallas, TX. The seminar provides an excellent opportunity for you to learn more about medical missions while engaging with professionals of various health care occupations, students from other Christian colleges, and speakers who work in medical missions all over the world as well as domestically in the U.S. For more information, go to http://www.ihcf.net/seminar.php.
New Ways to Give
We have added two easy and efficient ways to give to the church – Venmo and Zelle. For Venmo, load the Venmo app and use @universitychurch as the church’s account name. For Zelle, you can use your personal banking app or load Zelle app and use email@example.com as the preferred email. For more information, go to https://venmo.com/about/product/ or https://www.zellepay.com/how-it-works.
Follow UCC on Instagram!
Follow @UCCMalibu for the latest announcements/updates/pictures from the church and campus ministry. If you have something special you’d like to share, let us know!
Please pray for those who have experienced great loss in the recent wildfires. In particular, we mourn with the Bauman, Gash, and Maiorca families who have close family members who lost houses in the Santa Rosa fires.
– Sammy Maiorca, Steve’s father, who is living with ALS.
– Marilyn Chesnutt, for various health challenges
– The Mancuso family, who are expecting their second child!
– Missionaries: Mindi and Dereje Aleme (Ethiopia), Joseph Dzamesi (Ghana), Igor Egirev (Russia); and the mission organizations we support: Let’s Start Talking (worldwide), Made in the Streets (Kenya), and Predisan (Honduras).
The Week Ahead:
– November 23: Happy Thanksgiving!
– November 25: Volunteer Opportunity
– December 3: Le Family Dessert Open House
– December 10: Seniors Ministry Lunch & Discussion
– December 10: Servant Leaders Meeting
– December 10: Won by One Christmas Concert
– December 17: Christmas Pageant & Potluck at 5pm
Attendance (November 19): 207
Contribution (November 19): $6,285.00
Weekly Need: $8,231.76
Weekly Average (YTD): $7,139.11
UCC Contact Information / Social Media:
– Blog: uccfamilynews.wordpress.com
– Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
– Instagram: @UCCMalibu
– Facebook Page: University Church of Christ (Malibu)
– Phone Number: 310.506.4504
– Website: universitychurchofchrist.us
Sunday Morning Bible Classes for All Ages (Sundays @ 9am)
– Cradle Roll: Brad & Linn Griffin (PC 191)
– Toddlers: Corinne Le & Carlie Ott (PC 190)
– Preschool: Kari Coppinger & Rachel Jolly (PC 189)
– K-3rd grade: Annette Trisler & Gabrielle Antonio (PC 188)
– 4th-5th grades: Emily & Jason Jarvis (Church Office)
– 6th-12th grades: Dusty Breeding & team (24358 Baxter Drive)
– Adults (college & up): See below
Fall Semester Adult Bible Classes (Sundays @ 9am)
*Sacred Yoga (Fireside Room) with Cecily Breeding
* Road Trip! Stories from the Journey (AC 290) with Dave Lemley; Regan & Robby Schaffer
* The Remarkable Testimony of a Mysterious Witness: The Gospel of John (AC 270) with John Wilson & Randy Chesnutt
Servant Leaders (2017-2018)
Please contact an individual leader if you are interested in serving on her or his respective team!
1. Adult Education: Dave Lemley & Robby Schaffer
2. Benevolence/Service: Katy & Peter Thompson
3. Finance: Chris Bauman
4. Hospitality: Brad & Liz Mancuso
5. Life Together: Brad & Linn Griffin; Stacy & Steve Rouse
6. Men’s Ministry: Lee Morgan
7. Missions: David & Pat Dowdey
8. Prayer: Kari Coppinger
9. Tech Ministry: Randy Coppinger
10. Women’s Ministry: Jenny Parmelee
11. Worship Coordination: Shannon Warwar
12. Worship Design: Eric Wilson