AWP Fall Festival – November 3
On Friday, November 3, the Associated Women for Pepperdine will have their 2017 Fall Festival from 10 am – 3 pm in the Fireside Room. The theme is “Ports O’ Call Marketplace” and will feature a collection of ornaments from seven different countries. The proceeds benefit the AWP Scholarship Fund.
Missions Committee Meeting – November 5
There will be a missions committee meeting at noon immediately following morning worship on Sunday, November 5.
Women’s Fellowship Ministry – November 5
The Fall Women’s Retreat which was tentatively planned for the first weekend in November has been cancelled, but we’d still like to have a get together that weekend for those women who are available. We will meet for lunch at Malibu Seafood on Sunday, November 5th (immediately after church). Please contact Jenny Parmelee at email@example.com with questions or to RSVP.
Babysitting Night – November 7
The service team and campus ministry is hosting a babysitting night Tuesday, November 7 from 5-8 pm to give UCC parents a night off for date night or just an opportunity to relax! Stay tuned for further information and details.
24 Hour Prayer Event – November 9 to November 10
Campus Ministry is hosting a 24-hr prayer event in Stauffer Chapel beginning Thursday, November 9th at 8pm and going till Friday, November 10th at 8pm. The Well will kick off the event, followed by a day of continual praying and worshiping in the chapel. Campus Ministry wants to see the whole campus unify in prayer, and that includes our church! Please consider participating in any way, whether that be sending in a prayer request or coming by for an hour.
Benevolence Sunday – November 12
Please being thinking and praying about how you may contribute to the Benevolence Fund. November 12 you will have the opportunity to donate funds that go to support great organizations tied to members of our church throughout Southern California, the US, and abroad. Additionally, funds are also used to support emergency/immediate needs of those connected with our church. For questions, suggestions, and interest, please contact Katy and Peter Thompson, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Campus Ministry Acappella Worship Night – November 12
CM will host a special acappella worship night from 7-8pm on Sunday, November 12, in Stauffer Chapel. All are invited!
Follow UCC on Instagram!
Follow @UCCMalibu for the latest announcements/updates/pictures from the church and campus ministry. If you have something special you’d like to share, let us know!
Please pray for those who have experienced great loss in the recent wildfires. In particular, we mourn with the Bauman, Gash, and Maiorca families who have close family members who lost houses in the Santa Rosa fires.
– Sammy Maiorca, Steve’s father, who is living with ALS.
– Missionaries: Mindi and Dereje Aleme (Ethiopia), Joseph Dzamesi (Ghana), Igor Egirev (Russia); and the mission organizations we support: Let’s Start Talking (worldwide), Made in the Streets (Kenya), and Predisan (Honduras).
The Week Ahead:
– November 2: The Well (8pm in the Amphitheatre)
– November 5: Daylight Savings Time Ends!
– November 5: Message from Andrea Zahler
– November 9: Linn Griffin Hosts Kids Club!
– November 9: 24-hr Prayer Event
– November 12: Benevolence Sunday
– November 12: Message from Eric & Sharita Wilson
– November 12: Seniors Ministry Lunch & Discussion
– November 12: Campus Ministry Acappella Worship Night (7-8pm in Stauffer)
– November 19: UCC 101 Lunch & Class (RSVP to Al)
Attendance (October 29): 189
Contribution (October 29): $8,208.07
Weekly Need: $8,231.76
Weekly Average (YTD): $7,052.23
UCC Contact Information / Social Media:
– Blog: uccfamilynews.wordpress.com
– Email: email@example.com
– Instagram: @UCCMalibu
– Facebook Page: University Church of Christ (Malibu)
– Phone Number: 310.506.4504
– Website: universitychurchofchrist.us
Sunday Morning Bible Classes for All Ages (Sundays @ 9am)
– Cradle Roll: Brad & Linn Griffin (PC 191)
– Toddlers: Corinne Le & Carlie Ott (PC 190)
– Preschool: Kari Coppinger & Rachel Jolly (PC 189)
– K-3rd grade: Annette Trisler & Gabrielle Antonio (PC 188)
– 4th-5th grades: Emily & Jason Jarvis (Church Office)
– 6th-12th grades: Dusty Breeding & team (24358 Baxter Drive)
– Adults (college & up): See below
Fall Semester Adult Bible Classes (Sundays @ 9am)
*Sacred Yoga (Fireside Room) with Cecily Breeding
* Road Trip! Stories from the Journey (AC 290) with Dave Lemley; Regan & Robby Schaffer
* The Remarkable Testimony of a Mysterious Witness: The Gospel of John (AC 270) with John Wilson & Randy Chesnutt
Servant Leaders (2017-2018)
Please contact an individual leader if you are interested in serving on her or his respective team!
1. Adult Education: Dave Lemley & Robby Schaffer
2. Benevolence/Service: Katy & Peter Thompson
3. Finance: Chris Bauman
4. Hospitality: Brad & Liz Mancuso
5. Life Together: Brad & Linn Griffin; Stacy & Steve Rouse
6. Men’s Ministry: Lee Morgan
7. Missions: David & Pat Dowdey
8. Prayer: Kari Coppinger
9. Tech Ministry: Randy Coppinger
10. Women’s Ministry: Jenny Parmelee
11. Worship Coordination: Shannon Warwar
12. Worship Design: Eric Wilson