UCC YG Halloween Event! – October 21
Mark your calendars for October 21, when we will be hosting an event, similar to the lock-out, for your teens! Stay tuned for details!
Harvest Party at the Warwars – October 22
We are having a church-wide harvest party at the Warwar’s place in Moorpark right after service on October 22. We look forward to spending time with our entire church family, so mark your calendars! The address is 4188 Ventavo Rd. Moorpark, CA.
Church-wide Trip to Made in the Streets Information Meeting – October 29
Following worship service on Sunday, October 29, we will have a Made in the Streets information meeting in the church office. Please come and join us if you are interested in going on next summer’s trip to Made in the Streets! This trip is open to all University Church members. Come and learn more.
Senior Sunday – October 29
Andy and Debby Benton will host a Senior Sunday dinner on October 29 from 6:00pm-8:00pm at the Brock House. Debby Benton and several UCC church families will prepare a delicious, home-cooked meal for those in attendance. In addition to the meal, Jeff Walling will share about “Finding Your Passion.” RSVP to Linda Truschke if you plan to attend!
Young Adult Mystery Dinner Party – October 29
The Sturgeons will host a mystery dinner party for the young adults on Sunday evening, October 29, from 6-9pm. Please RSVP to email@example.com.
Sacred Yoga Relocation – this Sunday, October 15
Sacred Yoga will not meet in the Fireside Room per usual but will meet in the grassy area above the church office at 9am.
Follow UCC on Instagram!
Follow @UCCMalibu for the latest announcements/updates/pictures from the church and campus ministry. If you have something special you’d like to share, let us know!
Please pray for those who have experienced great loss in the recent wildfires. In particular, we mourn with the Bauman, Gash, and Maiorca families who have close family members who lost houses in the Santa Rosa fires.
– Sandy Dawson, for continued healing.
– Sammy Maiorca, Steve’s father, who is living with ALS.
– Missionaries: Mindi and Dereje Aleme (Ethiopia), Joseph Dzamesi (Ghana), Igor Egirev (Russia); and the mission organizations we support: Let’s Start Talking (worldwide), Made in the Streets (Kenya), and Predisan (Honduras).
The Week Ahead:
– October 12: Kids Club (4pm – 5:30pm in Baxter Park)
– October 12: The Well (8pm in the Amphitheatre)
– October 15: UCC 101 Luncheon & Class (Noon at the Sturgeon condo)
– October 21: Youth Group Halloween Event (stay tuned for details)
– October 22: All-Church Harvest Party (following service at the Warwars)
– October 29: Made in the Streets Information Meeting (following service in the church office)
– October 29: Senior Sunday (6pm at the Brock House)
– October 29: Young Adult Mystery Dinner Party at the Sturgeons (6-9pm)
– November 5: Daylight Savings Time Ends!
– November 12: Benevolence Sunday
Attendance (October 8): 220
Contribution (October 8): $8,253.43
Weekly Need: $8,231.76
Weekly Average (YTD): $7,075.56
UCC Contact Information / Social Media:
– Blog: uccfamilynews.wordpress.com
– Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
– Instagram: @UCCMalibu
– Facebook Page: University Church of Christ (Malibu)
– Phone Number: 310.506.4504
– Website: universitychurchofchrist.us
Sunday Morning Bible Classes for All Ages (9am)
– Cradle Roll: Brad & Linn Griffin (PC 191)
– Toddlers: Corinne Le & Carlie Ott (PC 190)
– Preschool: Kari Coppinger & Rachel Jolly (PC 189)
– K-3rd grade: Annette Trisler & Gabrielle Antonio (PC 188)
– 4th-5th grades: Emily & Jason Jarvis (Church Office)
– 6th-12th grades: Dusty Breeding & team (24358 Baxter Drive)
– Adults (college & up): See below
Fall Semester Adult Bible Classes (Sundays @ 9am)
*Sacred Yoga with Cecily Breeding: Will meet in the Fireside Room every Sunday with the exception of THIS SUNDAY, October 15. Please be patient as we determine the relocation!
* Road Trip! Stories from the Journey (AC 290) with Dave Lemley; Regan & Robby Schaffer
* The Remarkable Testimony of a Mysterious Witness: The Gospel of John (AC 270) with John Wilson & Randy Chesnutt
Servant Leaders (2017-2018)
Please contact an individual leader if you are interested in serving on her or his respective team!
1. Adult Education: Dave Lemley & Robby Schaffer
2. Benevolence/Service: Katy & Peter Thompson
3. Finance: Chris Bauman
4. Hospitality: Brad & Liz Mancuso
5. Life Together: Brad & Linn Griffin; Stacy & Steve Rouse
6. Men’s Ministry: Lee Morgan
7. Missions: David & Pat Dowdey
8. Prayer: Kari Coppinger
9. Tech Ministry: Randy Coppinger
10. Women’s Ministry: Jenny Parmelee
11. Worship Coordination: Shannon Warwar
12. Worship Design: Eric Wilson