Sacred Yoga with Cecily Breeding is one of three adult classes launching on Sunday
Fall Semester Adult Bible Classes Begin on Sunday
Three fantastic classes for adults (college and above) launch at 9am this Sunday in the Appleby Center prior to our morning worship assembly.
* The Remarkable Testimony of a Mysterious Witness: The Gospel of John (AC 270) with John Wilson & Randy Chesnutt
* Sacred Yoga (AC 286) with Cecily Breeding
* Road Trip! Stories from the Journey (AC 290) with Dave Lemley; Regan & Robby Schaffer
Click HERE for a flyer with descriptions of each class (with thanks to freshman office worker, Mary Elizabeth Salley!).
Church Small Group Sign-ups Deadline
The deadline for house group registration is this Sunday, September 10. The groups will meet nine to ten times each semester on the following days of the week and at the following locations. Please let Al know which group you are interested in joining.
- Angie & Dave Lemley: Sunday evenings at 4:30pm (Malibu – Baxter)
- Bernie & Connie James: Sunday evenings at 5pm (Malibu – just off campus)
- Regan & Robby Schaffer: Sunday evenings at 5pm (Malibu – Baxter)
- Jay & Stephanie Brewster: Sunday evenings at 5:30pm (Malibu – Mariposa)
- Susan Giboney: Tuesday evenings at 6pm (Malibu – Baxter)
- Al & Jody Sturgeon: Tuesday evenings at 6:30pm (Malibu – Mariposa)
- Greg & Shannon Warwar: Tuesday evenings at 6:30pm (Moorpark)
- Patty Atkisson or Jere Yates: Wednesday evenings at 6:30pm (Agoura/Thousand Oaks)
- John & Claudette Wilson: Wednesday evenings at 7pm (Malibu – Tiner Court)
- Linda Truschke: Wednesday evenings at 7pm (Malibu – Baxter)
- Chris & Leslie Bauman: Wednesday evenings (Malibu – Via de Casa)
- Cathryn & Jeff Walling: Wednesday evenings (Malibu – Via de Casa)
For anyone interested in learning more about and/or becoming a member of the University Church of Christ, we will host a “UCC 101 Lunch & Class” this Sunday (September 10) following morning worship in the Sturgeon condo. Please RSVP to email@example.com.
The Well Update
“The Well” begins tonight (Thursday, September 7) at 8pm in the Amphitheater!
Beach Service Update
With thanks to Robby Schaffer for noticing that the Malibu Triathlon is scheduled at Zuma Beach on September 17, we have tentatively changed our beach service to Sunday, October 1.
Young Adult Party for September
The young adults will go to UCLA on Friday, September 15, to watch Pepperdine battle UCLA in a women’s soccer match. Tickets are $8 each at the gate, and game time is at 7pm. Possible Diddy Riese run for ice cream and cookies after the match!
Women’s Fellowship Ministry
Please join us on September 30th at 6pm for a women’s event and potluck at Jenny Parmelee’s home in Thousand Oaks. Kelly Gash (former Pepperdine student and UCC member) will be speaking on how to overcome clutter and Get Organized. Please contact Jenny at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions. RSVP is not required but would be helpful.
– Those in Texas suffering from Hurricane Harvey
– Those in the path of Hurricane Irma
– Sandy Dawson, for healing following a recent surgery.
– Sammy Maiorca, Steve’s father, who is living with ALS.
– Missionaries: Mindi and Dereje Aleme (Ethiopia), Joseph Dzamesi (Ghana), Igor Egirev (Russia); and the mission organizations we support: Let’s Start Talking (worldwide), Made in the Streets (Kenya), and Predisan (Honduras).
The Week Ahead:
– September 7: “The Well” Kickoff (8pm in the Amphitheater)
– September 10: Bible Classes for All Ages (9am)
– September 10: Worship in Elkins Auditorium (10:15am)
– September 10: UCC 101 Lunch & Class (after worship at the Sturgeon condo)
– September 10: Seniors Ministry Lunch & Program (2pm in the faculty dining room)
– September 13: Youth Group House Group (6:30pm at Dusty & Cecily’s condo)
– September 14: Kids Club Kickoff (4pm at Baxter Park for elementary students)
– September 15: Young Adult Party at UCLA to Watch Pepperdine Women’s Soccer (7pm)
– September 23: Youth Group “Lockout” (10am-10pm)
– September 24: All-Church Kickoff Fellowship Event
– September 30: Women’s Fellowship Ministry Potluck with Guest Speaker (6pm)
– October 1: Sunday Worship at Zuma Beach (10:15am)
– October 3: Men’s Fellowship Event
– October 22: All-Church Harvest Party at the Warwars
– November 3-5: Women’s Retreat (tentative)
– November 12: Benevolence Sunday
Attendance (September 3): 324
Contribution (September 3): $8,230.56
Weekly Need: $8,231.76
Weekly Average (YTD): $7,058.89
UCC Contact Information / Social Media:
– Blog: uccfamilynews.wordpress.com
– Email: email@example.com
– Facebook Page: facebook.com/groups/University.MalibuChurchofChrist
– Phone Number: 310.506.4504
– Website: universitychurchofchrist.us
Sunday Morning Bible Classes for All Ages (9am)
– Cradle Roll: Brad & Linn Griffin (PC 191)
– Toddlers: Corinne Le & Carlie Ott (PC 190)
– Preschool: Kari Coppinger & Rachel Jolly (PC 189)
– K-3rd grade: Annette Trisler (PC 188)
– 4th-5th grades: Emily & Jason Jarvis (Church Office)
– 6th-12th grades: Dusty Breeding & team (24358 Baxter Drive)
– Adults (college & up): See above
Servant Leaders (2017-2018)
Please contact an individual leader if you are interested in serving on her or his respective team!
- Adult Education: Dave Lemley & Robby Schaffer
- Benevolence/Service: Katy & Peter Thompson
- Finance: Chris Bauman
- Hospitality: Brad & Liz Mancuso
- Life Together: Brad & Linn Griffin; Stacy & Steve Rouse
- Men’s Ministry: Lee Morgan
- Missions: David & Pat Dowdey
- Prayer: Kari Coppinger
- Tech Ministry: Randy Coppinger
- Women’s Ministry: Jenny Parmelee
- Worship Coordination: Shannon Warwar
- Worship Design: Eric Wilson