Summer in Stauffer Concludes This Sunday!
This Sunday will be the final Sunday for our Summer in Stauffer. Classes for all ages are at 9am and the worship assembly follows at 10:15am. Dave Lemley will teach the adult class on Mount Sinai & Mount Zion. Actually, he won’t teach it “on” Mount Sinai or Mount Zion — it will be “about” those mountains and taught “on” Mount Pepperdine. 🙂 The morning sermon will come from Hebrews 12: 4-29 and is titled, “Lessons from the Fire.”
Servant Leaders Meeting
There will be a brief servant leader meeting in the church office following the worship assembly on Sunday.
Celebration for Youth Group Graduates
Join us as the Breeding’s Condo (24358 Baxter) to honor our graduating youth group members on Monday evening, August 7, from 7-8:30pm. This will be a time to share a word of encouragement as our students head off to college. Please bring a snack or dessert to share.
Praise Team List
We only have sopranos on our praise team list so far! If you are willing to share your singing gift with the church family by serving on a praise team occasionally, please let me (Al) know and indicate whether you sing soprano, alto, tenor, and/or bass.
Thank You Notes:
Dear University Church Family–On behalf of the Lowe/Scott-Lowe family we want to express our appreciation for your love, concern and prayers during Taylor’s recovery from his serious hiking accident. He is recovering well. His surgeon says he is on the trajectory for a complete recovery. With deep gratitude, Dennis, Emily and Taylor.
Thank you so much for the support you have provided following my recent back surgery. Your prayers have been answered and will continue to be answered as I continue my rehab. Your calls, e-mails, cards, and words of encouragement have sustained us. Thank you too for the delicious meals brought our way. We are so grateful for the love this congregation has shown our family. Steve and Janet Davis
– Carol Thompson and family, Ann Warford’s sister, in hospice care from her ALS condition.
– Sammy Maiorca, Steve’s father, who is living with ALS.
– June Ferguson, Tiffany’s mother, for health concerns.
– Missionaries: Mindi and Dereje Aleme (Ethiopia), Joseph Dzamesi (Ghana), Igor Egirev (Russia); and the mission organizations we support: Let’s Start Talking (worldwide), Made in the Streets (Kenya), and Predisan (Honduras).
The Week Ahead:
Sunday, August 6: Bible Classes (9am); Worship Service (10:15am in Stauffer Chapel)
Sunday, August 6: Servant Leaders Meeting
Sunday, August 7: Celebration for Youth Group Graduates
Wednesday, August 9: Youth Group House Group (7pm at the Breedings)
– August 13: Return to Elkins Auditorium (and Eric Wilson preaches!)
– August 17: S.O.S. Ministry
– August 18: Young Adult Beach Barbecue
– August 20: Church Office Open House
– August 20: Seniors Ministry Planning Meeting (2pm)
– August 27: Fall Kickoff Sunday!
Attendance (July 30): 139
Contribution (July 30): $4,392.25
Weekly Need: $8,231.76
Weekly Average (YTD): $6,563.16
UCC Contact Information / Social Media:
– Blog: uccfamilynews.wordpress.com
– Email: email@example.com
– Facebook Page: facebook.com/groups/University.MalibuChurchofChrist
– Phone Number: 310.506.4504
– Website: universitychurchofchrist.us
Summer Adult Bible Class Schedule
August 6: Mount Sinai & Mount Zion (Dave Lemley)
August 13: Singing – combined with teens (Brad Griffin)
August 20: Benedictions in the New Testament (Mike Folkerts)
Servant Leaders (2017-2018)
Please contact an individual leader if you are interested in serving on her or his respective team!
- Adult Education: Dave Lemley & Robby Schaffer
- Benevolence/Service: Katy & Peter Thompson
- Finance: Chris Bauman
- Hospitality: Brad & Liz Mancuso
- Life Together: Brad & Linn Griffin; Stacy & Steve Rouse
- Men’s Fellowship: Lee Morgan
- Missions: David & Pat Dowdey
- Prayer: Kari Coppinger
- Tech Ministry: Randy Coppinger
- Women’s Fellowship: Jenny Parmelee
- Worship Coordination: Shannon Warwar
- Worship Design: Eric Wilson
Children’s Class Teachers (2017-2018)
Here is the lineup beginning in late August!
– Cradle Roll: Brad & Linn Griffin (fall); Corinne Le & a college student (spring)
– Toddlers: Corinne Le & Carlie Ott (fall); Linda Truschke & Jody Sturgeon (spring)
– Preschool: Kari Coppinger & Rachel Jolly (fall); Angie Lemley & a college student (spring)
– Grades K-3: Annette Trisler & Annie Sides (fall); Rick Cupp & Al Sturgeon (spring)
– Grades 4-5: Emily & Jason Jarvis (fall); Dusty Breeding & teen helpers (spring)