On Monday, June 12th, our seven seniors will depart on a senior trip trekking through Alaska! The Passage exists to foster intentional conversations regarding the transition from high school to college and prep our students for this amazing and sometimes challenge move. Please be in prayer for our group.
Thursday, June 15 (one week from today), is our next opportunity to serve our homeless neighbors through the S.O.S. ministry. Please contact Katy Thompson if you are able to provide food and/or stay and serve.
Summer in Stauffer Continues
Summer in Stauffer continues this Sunday and will continue through August 6 (with one exception on June 18 when we will be in Elkins). Classes are at 9am (adults in Stauffer; teens in the caf; and children in Plaza Classrooms); Steve Davis will teach the adult class on Moses this Sunday. Worship is at 10:15am.
Seniors Ministry Exploratory Meeting
An exploratory meeting regarding a new “seniors ministry” among the older members of our church family will be held at the home of Jere Yates (email Al for the address) on Sunday evening, June 25, at 7pm. Coffee and tea will be served. The basic concept is to provide regular opportunities for seniors to engage in conversation and fellowship together. The definition of “seniors” is ambiguous at this point, so anyone interested in the idea is invited to attend the exploratory meeting. Please RSVP to Jere at firstname.lastname@example.org.
New Prayer Request:
Kitty Atkinson, a former and longtime member of the University Church of Christ, passed away on Tuesday. Please keep this family in your prayers at this difficult time.
– Ann Warford, for ongoing health challenges.
– Carol Thompson and family, Ann Warford’s sister, in hospice care from her ALS condition.
– Sue Griffin, Brad’s mother, undergoing chemotherapy for breast cancer.
– Katy and Peter Thompson (expectant parents, due 7/3).
– Missionaries: Mindi and Dereje Aleme (Ethiopia), Joseph Dzamesi (Ghana), Igor Egirev (Russia); and the mission organizations we support: Let’s Start Talking (worldwide), Made in the Streets (Kenya), and Predisan (Honduras).
Stats from Last Week:
Sunday Worship Attendance: 179
Weekly Contribution: $10,852.00
The Week Ahead:
Sunday, June 11: Bible Classes (9am); Worship Service (10:15am in Stauffer Chapel)
Monday, June 12: The Passage leaves for Alaska
Wednesday, June 14: Youth Group House Group (7pm at Dusty & Cecily’s)
– June 15: S.O.S. Ministry
– June 18: Host Crossways (meet in Elkins that Sunday)
– June 20: Young Adult Game Night!
– June 25: Seniors Ministry Exploratory Meeting (more info above)
– July 16-22: SoCal Teen Camp (more info below)
– July 30-August 5: King’s Kamp (more info below)
– August 13: Return to Elkins Auditorium (and Eric Wilson preaches!)
– August 17: S.O.S. Ministry
– August 27: Fall Kickoff Sunday!
UCC Contact Information / Social Media:
– Blog: uccfamilynews.wordpress.com
– Email: email@example.com
– Facebook Page: facebook.com/groups/University.MalibuChurchofChrist
– Phone Number: 310.506.4504
– Website: universitychurchofchrist.us
Summer Camp Registrations:
(i) – SoCal Teen Camp is scheduled for July 16-22. Register at www.socalteencamp.org. (ii) King’s Kamp is a week-long Bible camp for boys and girls entering 4th through 8th grades in the fall of 2017. It is scheduled for July 30 through August 5 (http://www.kingskamp.org). Registration is $345 (by July 1), and late registration is $370. The cost for additional campers from the same family is $299 each. King’s Kamp is limited to the first 120 registrations.
Summer Adult Bible Class Schedule
June 11: Moses (Steve Davis)
June 18: Sabbath – combined with teens (Jeff Walling)
June 25: High Priests (Randy Chesnutt)
July 2: Singing – combined with teens (Brad Griffin)
July 9: Melchizedek (Sara Barton)
July 16: The Tabernacle (Greg Warwar)
July 23: Judgment Day (John Barton)
July 30: Abraham & Sarah’s Faith – combined with teens (Dusty Breeding)
August 6: Mount Sinai & Mount Zion (Dave Lemley)
August 13: Singing – combined with teens (Brad Griffin)
August 20: Benedictions in the New Testament (Mike Folkerts)
Summer Church Office Hours
The church office will officially be open for drop-in visits from 8:30am until 11am each day Monday through Friday. The ministry staff will be in the office much more, of course, but please email in advance to confirm that someone will be here.