Ventura Ranch KOA Campground in Santa Paula
All-Church Camping Trip
I’m so excited that around fifty people from our church family will be camping together at Ventura Ranch KOA in Santa Paula this weekend! Jody and I are going up as day campers on Saturday (since some of us have to work on Sundays!). Thanks to Jenny Parmelee and team for their hard work in creating this special experience for the church family.
Summer in Stauffer Continues!
For those of us not camping on Sunday, Summer in Stauffer continues this Sunday and will continue through August 6 (with one exception on June 18 when we will be in Elkins). Classes are at 9am (adults in Stauffer; teens in the Caf; and children in Plaza Classrooms); Edna Powell will teach the adult class, and her class session will examine “Angels.” Worship is at 10:15am, and my sermon is titled, “Don’t Be a Settler” (from Hebrews 2: 1-4).
– Mary Miller, as she rehabilitates in a skilled nursing facility from a fall and two fractures.
– Ann Warford, for ongoing health challenges.
– Carol Thompson and family, Ann Warford’s sister, in hospice care from her ALS condition.
– Sue Griffin, Brad’s mother, undergoing chemotherapy for breast cancer.
– Katy and Peter Thompson (expectant parents, due 7/3).
– Missionaries: Mindi and Dereje Aleme (Ethiopia), Joseph Dzamesi (Ghana), Igor Egirev (Russia); and the mission organizations we support: Let’s Start Talking (worldwide), Made in the Streets (Kenya), and Predisan (Honduras).
Stats from Last Week:
Sunday Worship Attendance: 160
Weekly Contribution: $3,733.75
The Week Ahead:
Thursday, May 25: The Well (8pm in Stauffer Chapel)
Friday, May 26 – Sunday, May 28: All-Church Camping Trip
Sunday, May 28: Bible Classes (9am); Worship Service (10:15am in Stauffer Chapel)
Wednesday, May 31: Youth Group House Group (7pm at Dusty & Cecily’s)
– June 4: Moving Up Ceremony (more info below)
– June 15: Standing on Stone (“S.O.S.”) Ministry
– June 18: Host Crossways (meet in Elkins that Sunday)
– July 16-22: SoCal Teen Camp (more info below)
– July 30-August 5: King’s Kamp (more info below)
– August 13: Return to Elkins Auditorium (and Eric Wilson preaches!)
– August 17: Standing on Stone (“S.O.S.”) Ministry
– August 27: Fall Kickoff Sunday!
UCC Contact Information / Social Media:
– Blog: uccfamilynews.wordpress.com
– Email: email@example.com
– Facebook Page: facebook.com/groups/University.MalibuChurchofChrist
– Phone Number: 310.506.4504
– Website: universitychurchofchrist.us
More Detailed Announcements:
– Moving Up Ceremony: On Sunday, June 4th, our youth ministry will partner with the children’s ministry for the moving up ceremony. This is a time to welcome the incoming 6th graders to our youth group. After this date, incoming 6th graders are welcome to participate in all youth ministry related activities.
– Summer Camp Registrations: (i) – SoCal Teen Camp is scheduled for July 16-22. Register by May 30 to receive the on-time price at www.socalteencamp.org. The price will go up after May 30! (ii) King’s Kamp is a week-long Bible camp for boys and girls entering 4th through 8th grades in the fall of 2017. It is scheduled for July 30 through August 5 (http://www.kingskamp.org). Early bird registration cost will be $320 (if registered by June 1). Regular registration is $345 (by July 1), and late registration is $370. The cost for additional campers from the same family is $299 each. King’s Kamp is limited to the first 120 registrations.
Teaching our Children
We have had several volunteers to teach children’s classes in the fall and spring, but we could use some more – particularly in the younger ages (babies plus toddlers!). The request is to lead teach, co-teach, or assist in a children’s class for one semester only. Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are willing to serve in this very important way!
Summer Adult Bible Class Schedule
May 28: Angels (Edna Powell)
June 4: The Incarnation (Al Sturgeon)
June 11: Moses (Steve Davis)
June 18: Sabbath – combined with teens (Jeff Walling)
June 25: High Priests (Randy Chesnutt)
July 2: Singing – combined with teens (Brad Griffin)
July 9: Melchizedek (Sara Barton)
July 16: The Tabernacle (Greg Warwar)
July 23: Judgment Day (John Barton)
July 30: Abraham & Sarah’s Faith – combined with teens (Dusty Breeding)
August 6: Mount Sinai & Mount Zion (Dave Lemley)
August 13: Singing – combined with teens (Brad Griffin)
August 20: Benedictions in the New Testament (Mike Folkerts)
Summer Church Office Hours
The church office will officially be open for drop-in visits from 8:30am until 11am each day Monday through Friday. The ministry staff will be in the office much more, of course, but please email in advance to confirm that someone will be here.