(Thanks to Randy Coppinger for making awesome slides like the one above week after week!)
Events This Weekend:
We have a full weekend ahead. Ladies’ Day is on Saturday at Courtney Caron’s. Sunday morning is our Annual Missions Contribution. Sunday afternoon is the memorial service and reception for Frances Stivers. Sunday evening is Senior Sunday at the Brock House for our Seaver College seniors.
What we can do for the Stivers’s memorial service and reception:
1. In lieu of flowers, donations can be made in Frances’s honor to the AWP scholarship fund or to the Special Olympics..
2. We will provide light refreshments for the reception. Contact Betty Glass who is coordinating this effort.
3. Attend the memorial service in Stauffer Chapel at 2pm and the reception in the Fireside Room at 3pm.
New Prayer Requests:
– Jo Kite and family, as Jo’s health has declined to the point that she is now in hospice care. Cards can be sent to Terry & Jo Kite, 927 N Blackburn Ave, York, NE 68467-2619.
– Julie Christenson, who formerly attended UCC, has a badly broken leg and requested prayers and visitors. She is in Brier Oak on Sunset (5154 West Sunset Blvd) for rehabilitation. I visited her earlier this week if you want to contact me with questions.
– Ann Warford, for recovery from a hospital stay and ongoing health challenges.
– Carol Thompson and family, Ann Warford’s sister, in hospice care from her ALS condition.
– Frances Stivers and family, as they grieve her loss and celebrate her life.
– Sue Griffin, Brad Griffin’s mother, who is undergoing chemo for breast cancer.
– Katy and Peter Thompson (expectant parents, due 7/3).
– Missionaries: Mindi and Dereje Aleme (Ethiopia), Joseph Dzamesi (Ghana), Igor Egirev (Russia), and Ruth and Ati Levai (Hungary); and the mission organizations we support: Let’s Start Talking (worldwide), Made in the Streets (Kenya), and Predisan (Honduras).
Stats from Last Week:
Sunday Worship Attendance: 256
Weekly Contribution: $2,893.81
The Week Ahead:
Thursday, March 23: The Well (8pm): Amphitheater or Elkins Auditorium
Saturday, March 25: Ladies’ Day at Courtney Caron’s.
Sunday, March 26: Bible Classes (9am) & Worship Service (10:15am in Elkins):
– “The Remarkable Testimony of a Mysterious Witness: John 1-6” with John Wilson & Randy Chesnutt, Appleby Center 286
– “Shelter from the Storm” with Regan and Robby Schaffer, Appleby Center 290
– “Seek Wisdom: A Study of Proverbs” with Jim Gash, 24535 Mariposa Circle
– “Preparing for Marriage” with Susan Giboney, Appleby Center 270
– “Old Testament Character Study” with UCC Youth Group and Dusty and Cecily Breeding, 24358 Baxter Drive
Sunday, March 26: Annual Missions Contribution.
Sunday, March 26: Memorial Service for Frances Stivers: 2pm in Stauffer Chapel, followed by a reception in the Fireside Room at 3pm.
Sunday, March 26: Senior Sunday: 6pm at the Brock House.
Wednesday, March 29: Youth Group House Group (7:00-8:30pm)
– April 15: Campus Ministry Formal
– April 18: Young Adult Game Night at the Sturgeons (more info below)
– April 20: SOS Serving the Homeless
– April 29: Hope 4 Kids Festival & Run (more info below)
– May 2-5: Pepperdine Bible Lectures
– May 26-28: All-Church Camping Trip (more info below)
UCC Contact Information / Social Media:
– Blog: uccfamilynews.wordpress.com
– Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
– Facebook Page: facebook.com/groups/University.MalibuChurchofChrist
– Phone Number: 310.506.4504
– Website: universitychurchofchrist.us
More Detailed Announcements:
– Young Adult Game Night at the Sturgeons (April 18): The first monthly young adult get-together will be a game night at the Sturgeons (24535 Mariposa Circle) on Tuesday evening, April 18. The target audience is both married and unmarried young adults who have graduated from college but are not yet in the parenting crowd. More info later on start time and food plans.
– HOPE4Kids (April 29): The 5th annual HOPE4Kids Festival & Run will be held April 29, 8:00 a.m.–2:00 p.m., in Camarillo. The event serves to raise funds for foster youth and transitioning youth, as well as to raise awareness of the needs of foster youth and families. Join the University Church of Christ team to volunteer, run, or walk by registering here. Contact team captain Randy Coppinger for more team info. You can also come to the event just to enjoy the free KidZone, check out the vendor booths, eat at the food trucks, and bid at the Silent Auction. There are many ways to participate in this event, even if you can’t attend. Watch for some specific opportunities coming up soon. Most of all, please be in prayer for those whom the event intends to bless as well as for those volunteers working on the details to make this event happen.
– All-Church Camping Trip (May 26-28): Save the date for our all-church camping trip coming up Memorial Day Weekend (May 26 – 28) at the Wheeler Gorge Campground in Ojai. All ages are welcome! Non-campers welcome, too, since motels are available in the surrounding area. Additional details to be provided in the coming weeks. For any immediate questions, please contact Jenny Parmelee or Stacy Rouse.
– Worship (all): Click HERE to share your willingness to serve in our Sunday worship.
Youth Group Retreat 2017