We rejoice with Dusty Trisler and his family on his recent baptism! Dusty is a junior at Seaver College. Hung Le had the honor of baptizing Dusty and wrote: “We rejoice with the angels as Dusty Trisler commits his life in obedience through his baptism into Christ. We praise God for His amazing grace and abounding love. May you continue to grow in Christ, Dusty. We pray God’s covering of grace, peace and mercy over you. May His Spirit indwell you and grant you much joy. We love you!”
Missions Contribution Update!
I am pleased to report that our initial missions contribution was over $28,000! Please remember that donations for the annual contribution are still being accepted. We will announce a final number on Easter Sunday on April 16!
All-Church Camping Trip Update (May 26-28)!
Please join us for a fun-filled weekend of nature and fellowship! The location has been changed to the Ventura Ranch KOA in Santa Paula, CA. Click on the link below to download the registration form and see fee information. There is room for a maximum of 60 campers, so get your registration form in early to reserve your spot. You can register by submitting your completed registration form with payment to Jenny Parmelee.
New Prayer Requests & Updates:
– Jo Kite and family. Claudia Sangster had an opportunity to visit with Jo & Terry in Nebraska last weekend and shared the following update: “Jo is frail but peaceful and speaks openly about her situation. She is not afraid to die and has an indomitable spirit and strong faith. I think she would appreciate cards. She is an amazing woman of God! Jo wanted me to tell everyone that she misses and loves this church family.” Cards: Jo & Terry Kite, 927 N Blackburn Ave, York, NE 68467-2619.
– Sue Griffin, Brad Griffin’s mother: Please pray for (i) no more flare-ups with the kidney stones between now and April 20 (when she’ll have surgery to have them removed); (ii) rest; and (iii) no more infections while her immune system is compromised from the chemotherapy.
– Judy Anders, wife of former preaching minister, Dan Anders. Kari Coppinger reports: “Judy is doing pretty well with chemotherapy and her energy level is still good. She went to see the doctor recently and everything looked good. If you would like to send her a note, contact Al Sturgeon or Kari Coppinger for her address or message Lara Anders on Facebook.”
– Ann Warford, for recovery from a hospital stay and ongoing health challenges.
– Carol Thompson and family, Ann Warford’s sister, in hospice care from her ALS condition.
– Frances Stivers and family, as they grieve her loss and celebrate her life. In lieu of flowers, please donate to the AWP scholarship fund (https://give.pepperdine.edu/awp) or the Special Olympics.
– Katy and Peter Thompson (expectant parents, due 7/3).
– Julie Christenson, recovering from a broken leg in a rehabilitation hospital.
– Missionaries: Mindi and Dereje Aleme (Ethiopia), Joseph Dzamesi (Ghana), Igor Egirev (Russia), and Ruth and Ati Levai (Hungary); and the mission organizations we support: Let’s Start Talking (worldwide), Made in the Streets (Kenya), and Predisan (Honduras).
Stats from Last Week:
Sunday Worship Attendance: 285
Weekly Contribution: $5,625.15
The Week Ahead:
Thursday, March 30: The Well (8pm): Amphitheater or Elkins Auditorium
Saturday, April 1: Youth Group Midnight Mission Trip: 3-6pm.
Sunday, April 2: Bible Classes (9am) & Worship Service (10:15am in Elkins):
- “The Remarkable Testimony of a Mysterious Witness: John 1-6” with John Wilson & Randy Chesnutt, Appleby Center 286
- “Shelter from the Storm” with Regan and Robby Schaffer, Appleby Center 290
- “Seek Wisdom: A Study of Proverbs” with Jim Gash, 24535 Mariposa Circle
- “Preparing for Marriage” with Susan Giboney, Appleby Center 270
- “Old Testament Character Study” with UCC Youth Group and Dusty and Cecily Breeding, 24358 Baxter Drive
Wednesday, April 5: Youth Group House Group (7:00-8:30pm)
– April 9: (i) Combined adult/youth group Bible class hosted by Made In The Streets leaders Francis Mbuvi, Moses Okoth, and Brad Voss; (ii) Potluck at the Sturgeons’ condo with MITS staff members (more info below).
– April 15: Campus Ministry Formal
– April 16: Easter Sunday!
– April 18: Young Adult Game Night at the Sturgeons (more info below)
– April 20: SOS Serving the Homeless
– April 29: Hope 4 Kids Festival & Run (more info below)
– May 2-5: Pepperdine Bible Lectures
– May 26-28: All-Church Camping Trip
UCC Contact Information / Social Media:
– Blog: uccfamilynews.wordpress.com
– Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
– Facebook Page: facebook.com/groups/University.MalibuChurchofChrist
– Phone Number: 310.506.4504
– Website: universitychurchofchrist.us
More Detailed Announcements:
– MITS Potluck at the Sturgeons’ Condo (April 9): On Sunday, April 9, after morning worship, the Sturgeons are hosting a potluck for church members who have been part of a MITS trip, who are interested in going on a MITS trip, and those who simply want a little more time with members of the MITS team who will join us that day (Francis Mbuvi, Moses Okoth, and Brad Voss). This will be a casual lunch with plenty of opportunities to share stories and good food. Contact Jody Sturgeon (email@example.com) with any questions.
– Young Adult Game Night at the Sturgeons’ Condo (April 18): The first monthly young adult get-together will be a game night at the Sturgeons (24535 Mariposa Circle) at 6:30pm on Tuesday evening, April 18. The target audience is both married and unmarried young adults who have graduated from college but are not yet in the parenting crowd. The Sturgeons will provide Subway sandwich/cookies platters and drinks. Donations to offset the cost are accepted but not required!
– HOPE4Kids (April 29): The 5th annual HOPE4Kids Festival & Run will be held April 29, 8:00 a.m.–2:00 p.m., in Camarillo. The event serves to raise funds for foster youth and transitioning youth, as well as to raise awareness of the needs of foster youth and families. Join the University Church of Christ team to volunteer, run, or walk by registering here. Contact team captain Randy Coppinger for more team info. You can also come to the event just to enjoy the free KidZone, check out the vendor booths, eat at the food trucks, and bid at the Silent Auction. There are many ways to participate in this event, even if you can’t attend. Watch for some specific opportunities coming up soon. Most of all, please be in prayer for those whom the event intends to bless as well as for those volunteers working on the details to make this event happen.
– Worship (all): Click HERE to share your willingness to serve in our Sunday worship.
– Request: The Pepperdine Bible Lectures team is in need of empty toilet paper rolls for one of the Making Waves children’s activities. If you have any available, please provide them to the Office of Church Relations before May. You can also reach them at (310) 506-4270.
Ladies Day 2017!