Hello, Church Family!
“But God, being rich in mercy, because of the great love with which He loved us, even when we were dead in our trespasses, made us alive together with Christ—by grace you have been saved […] For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast.”
-Ephesians 2, verses 4-5 and 8-9
What a gift we have from our Father! Grace that saves us.
- Safety for the Trek Iceland Leadership Trip, happening now and returning July 17
- Ashleigh and Ryan Brunsink, and their baby Eleanor Martell, and Kelly and Alan Heida, and their baby Charlotte Terri, for smooth and joyful transitions to families of three
- Diana Maiorca’s student and that student’s family (including mother and older brother), in shock and grieving the loss of the student’s father
- Brad Griffin’s cousin Holly Hurst and her young son and family, mourning the loss of Holly’s husband George
- Neil Casey for his work in the Peace Corps overseas in Georgia
- William Bridgeforth, Connie James’ brother, and his family on the loss of his wife of 43 years, Sarah
- Vici Shoemaker, mother of former UCC member Becca Fitzpatrick, who is undergoing chemo (You can get updates and share encouragement here.)
- Nathan Thomas, son of James and Kanet Thomas, undergoing chemo treatments for colon cancer while also working
- Bernice, Bernie James’ mother, as she continues to recover
- Expectant Parents: Elizabeth and Johnny Coleman, and Leslie and Chris Bauman
Events At A Glance
- July 18: Lambert Goodbye Reception
- August 7: Taste of Kenya “Thank You” Lunch
UCC Adult Bible Class — The adult and youth group Bible classes will meet together this Sunday (July 17) for a time of singing and fellowship. We invite everyone to join us in this encouraging time. The joint class will be led by Brad Griffin, and will meet in the Faculty Dining Room (adjacent to the cafeteria). Signs will be posted in the cafeteria to ensure everyone can find the room. Please join us at 9:00 a.m. All are welcome.
Goodbye Reception for Scott and Kim Lambert — Rick and Paula Marrs are hosting a reception on Monday, July 18, at 7:00 p.m. at the Mallmann House for Scott and Kim Lambert. The Lamberts are moving to Texas where Scott will be the new Executive Director of Let’s Start Talking and Kim will be working with LST alumni relations, donor development, and community outreach. Please come to the reception to encourage the Lamberts and wish them well.
Captioning Services — In an effort to better include members and guests with hearing difficulties, the University Church of Christ will be testing a captioning service during the month of July. The captioning can be viewed on any electronic device with access to the Internet.
To access captions for our worship service, simply email firstname.lastname@example.org and you will immediately be sent back a link. Click the link during worship and read along. The link can be bookmarked for use in future services.
In addition to providing access to members during the service, captioning will also allow others such as shut-ins, missionaries and vacationers to follow the service in real time at any location.
Please take advantage of this service in July and send your feedback to the elders in consideration of making this a permanent feature.
Youth Ministry Updates
-Here is the July calendar of events.
–This Saturday, July 16, join us at 4:00 p.m. at Baxter park for a family fun cook-out dinner. We will begin eating at 5:00 p.m. and enjoying each other’s company and playing some games. Please bring a side or dessert to share! Also, feel free to bring a towel and swimsuit to enjoy the pool!
-“Think Global, Act Local” is the theme of the the summer. Dive into a theology of service to our local community. Get involved. Contact Dusty Breeding for more details.
–The dates for King’s Kamp this summer are July 31-August 6. The camp will again be held in the mountains of Idyllwild. This year’s theme is “The Faith Awakens” and will play off of the Star Wars Light vs. Darkness theme with each day presented as a different episode. Our theme Bible verse is 1 John 1:5. It promises to be both meaningful and fun! Register now!