Hello, church family!
“In his hand are the depths of the earth; the heights of the mountains are his also. The sea is his, for he made it, and his hands formed the dry land.”
I’m leaving for Alaska with my family tomorrow, so I am so excited about all of the nature I’ll take in over the next week. May we all marvel in the small wonders that surround us even in the midst of mourning tragedy.
P.S. I would like to extend my appreciation to Kari Coppinger for running the blog for us next week while I am out. Be on the lookout for a post from her next Thursday morning. (Thank you, Kari!! You’re my hero in so many ways.)
- MITS Mission Trip (now through June 30)—They arrive to Made in the Streets today!
- Carolyn Nicks, for continued healing from her two surgeries
- Mary Adams, for continued healing
- Diana Maiorca’s student and that student’s family (including mother and older brother), in shock and grieving the loss of the student’s father.
- Brad Griffin’s cousin Holly Hurst and her young son and family, mourning the loss of Holly’s husband George.
- Donna Nofziger Plank and Kimberly Ex-Hill and family, mourning the loss of Donna and Kim’s mother, Barbara Nofziger.
- Neil Casey for his work in the Peace Corps overseas in Georgia.
- William Bridgeforth, Connie James’ brother, and his family on the loss of his wife of 43 years, Sarah.
- Vici Shoemaker, mother of former UCC member Becca Fitzpatrick, who is undergoing chemo. You can get updates and share encouragement here.
- Nathan Thomas, son of James and Kanet Thomas, undergoing chemo treatments for colon cancer while also working.
- Bernice, Bernie James’ mother, as she continues to recover.
- Expectant Parents: Elizabeth and Johnny Coleman
- Upcoming Trip: Trek Iceland Leadership Trip (July 9-17)
Events At A Glance
- TONIGHT, June 16: Serving at SOS
- THIS SUNDAY, June 19: Father’s Day
Serving at SOS — Tonight! — Please contact Katy Thompson for information about what food you can bring and how you can serve tonight or in the future.
UCC Adult Bible Class — “How Far I Want to Go” — This Sunday, June 19, come, see and hear about the Lord’s wonderful work in Kenya. Hear from a team of interns working with Made in the Streets, and be blessed and inspired with their stories, media, and updates, in Appleby 286 at 9:00 a.m. All are welcome!
Community Bible Study — CBS, a non-denominational women’s Bible study here in Malibu, is taking registrations for next year’s class. Class meets every Tuesdays at Malibu Presbyterian Church, beginning September 13, from 9:45 a.m. until noon. Bible classes are also available for nursery – preschool children. Cost: $35 for the year. The study is entitled “Red Sea to the Jordan” and will cover the life of Moses. CBS is a blessing to the Malibu community and we would love to have you join us! Please contact Linn Griffin if you’re interested.
Youth Ministry Updates
-Midnight Mission Service Project: Continuing in our work with our summer theme of Think Global, Act Local we will be serving in LA with the Midnight Mission Project this Friday, June 17. We will be meeting at the Breedings’ at 12:45 p.m. and hope to return, at the latest, by 8:00 p.m.
-Please click here for the full June calendar of events. “Think Global, Act Local” is the theme of the the summer. Dive into a theology of service to our local community. Get involved. Contact Dusty Breeding for more details.
–The dates for King’s Kamp this summer are July 31-August 6. The camp will again be held in the mountains of Idyllwild. This year’s theme is “The Faith Awakens” and will play off of the Star Wars Light vs. Darkness theme with each day presented as a different episode. Our theme Bible verse is 1 John 1:5. It promises to be both meaningful and fun! Register now!
-The dates for Teen Camp this summer are July 17-23. Register now! This year we are exploring the theme of “Beyond.” We can’t wait to share with teens from all across Southern California how God shows His love beyond what we could ask or imagine, and how he calls and equips us to live beyond ourselves.